Momentum is a Beautiful Thing.
John Maxwell talks about the Law of The Big Mo. Basically this means that momentum is a leader’s best friend. When we have momentum it makes us look better than we really are and it’s easier to steer than it is to start.
As we have embarked on planting Victorious Church I’ve found that as we gain momentum there will be natural detractors to it and there will be early adopters to help us get this thing rolling. As a leader, I wish everyone would jump on board and see the picture we see for Victorious but they just don’t and it’s ok. Short-sighted people very rarely see the big picture; just like people with great vision can see the whole thing immediately.
As a young leader and church planter, I am quickly learning the power of momentum. I can honestly say we are starting to experience some good momentum right now and I want to give you some highlights as we move towards our launch day.
Check it out:
• We’ve had our first two launch team meetings and we currently have 14 people who have fully committed or shown interest in being a part of the launch team. This is the stuff great churches are made of, a dedicated core of early adopters!
• We have launched our new site at victoriouschurch.com. I can’t tell you excited I am about this because this site will grow with us, a lot more content and functionality will be implemented over the next 12 months.
• We had our first Prayer Culture meeting and it was truly supernatural. God showed up in a huge way as we corporately prayed together as a team and started laying the foundations of fervent prayer. Although we’ve only had one of these meetings, I can tell these will become one of the most favorite things we get to do together.
• We’ve established our core team of leaders and have begun to look for that right person to be our Children’s Pastor/Director. For more info on this check out our listing!
• Financially we are moving forward! We have seen $16,500 in commitments!
As I was reading this verse it struck me that I want to be a “scatterer.” I know, bad grammar but a good point so hear me out. Being a scatterer of love, mercy, and generosity can only lead to increasing in those same areas. This verse talks about money but not only money! I am determined that I want to be a scatterer! I want to help people by scattering as much love, mercy, grace, and resources around as I possibly can!
If you want to be a scatterer also then I encourage you to take a step of faith with us. Please partner with us for 6 or 12 months and help us launch strong. Your gift will be doubled up to $50,000.
Our goal is to raise $150,000 for our launch and $100,000 for our post-launch budget. That may seem like a lot to one person but if we all do what we can do individually then corporately we can make a huge difference!
Thanks for your prayers and support of Victorious Church! Launch day will be here before we know it!